Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Wow!

Today is a big day at school! They are having a big Halloween party and a kid parade. Meaghan is Tigger. We tried it on her last night and she is cute as can be! I wasn't so sure she'd be happy to wear the head part but once she saw herself in the mirror, she thought it was very funny. Bill is taking pictures at the party today and I'll have my camera back for the big pictures tonight. We carved two pumpkins last night that we purchased from the great pumpkin patch - they don't last very long here in Florida!

I can't believe it is almost Meaghan's birthday. This time last year, I was going completely insane, trying to distract myself. We hadn't put up any decorations, nor did we have any candy in the house because we were so close to traveling for Meaghan's birth! I sent Bill to the store on the way home from work and he pulled in with the candy loot literally 5 minutes before the first door bell rang!

It's been an amazing year. I've revisited all of Meaghan's pictures, pulling together the year update for Meg's first mom, H. It's hardest for me to write the letters because I get very emotional. I love telling H all about what has happened since the last update but I know they must be bittersweet for her. The best part is pulling all the pictures - the places we've been, the things we have done, the funny faces, new milestones. I alternate between laughing and crying and sometimes both at the same time!

Meg has grown so quickly and every day I am reminded what a blessing and true miracle she is. My life will never be the same. She has made me a better person. She made us a family.

No comments: