Monday, September 22, 2008

PSA - Clean Your Dryer Vent!

I've been putting it off.... actually, until I started seeing articles about how important it is to have your dryer cleaned, I had no idea that I was actually supposed to do more than clean the lint screen after every load! How did I not know this???

Well, I bought a dryer cleaning kit with the brushes and a flat vacuum attachment and took off the venting hose off the back of our dryer... it is amazing that we have not had a fire in our laundry room!!! We had a serious lint issue and combined with pet hair and dust, I am grateful that I cleaned it when I did. Bill and I are fanatics about cleaning the lint trap after each and every load but it's not enough. I cleaned everything I possibly could and I feel much better now!

We purchased our house brand new in 2002. I'm sure we've done tons of laundry in the last 6 years, but no where near households that do at least a load every day. I never leave the dryer running when we leave the house. Now I don't want it running when we go to bed either.

Please... if you have not cleaned your dryer vent at least in the last year or cannot remember the last time it was ever done, do it today! Either do it yourself or call a professional to have it inspected.

No comments: