Monday, August 6, 2007

It's A New Journey!

It's been a long day here. Bill and I both went back to work as life is resuming as normal and getting back on a normal schedule is the best way to jump back in.

The agency just put us back into active status this afternoon and I'm very excited about it! It seems like a weird thing to be feeling after everything that has happened over the last few days, but I feel exactly the same as when we were first activated back in February. I have new hope and we're looking forward to the new journey ahead!!

We're praying for a much shorter match for next time! However, we'll take whatever we're given! We are pretty convinced that we'll get matched with a little boy next since we have a closet full of pink and purple girl clothes. Well not all of them are, and shopping is never a problem for us!

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok let me try this again...

I am so happy for the two of you.

Regardless, you have touched many of people

Jenn said...

Thanks Lindsay! I know you are typing with a little one in your arms! :)

We appreciate your support and good thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I've been lurking this week, but following closely to how all this was unfolding for y'all. I'm so very sorry, it seemed like y'all had such a close bond. But what a blessing that you have peace about this. I know God has a perfect little one chosen just for you and Bill. And know you're not alone in your waiting.

Jenn said...

Robyn... I've been thinking about you so much and waiting for you to come back from your trip. We'll wait together OK? You've been through a lot... are you doing well?

Anonymous said...

YES! We'll definitely wait together. It's been tough, but we're surviving well enough. It's easy to get frustrated when we think about the money we lost or the time, but it's futile thinking. We know that someday we'll bring our child home and sometimes I just want to yell and scream about why it can't ever seem to be our time for that. Like I said, we have our rough moments. Being at my parents is helping - we'll leave Thursday, but my mom is coming back with us for a visit. Hopefully our perfect matches are just right around the corner. And I hear you about the pink and purple clothes. Ours is all still packed in the nursery, we didn't unpack before we left. Ah well, I'll deal with it when we get home.