Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nothing new...

We've been officially waiting for over a week - our longest wait yet! LOL

Bill is still having a few days where he is having a rough time. It pops up on him unexpectedly and takes him by surprise. We talk about it. But in all, we're doing well and keeping busy.

Bill and my brother are doing a triathlon this weekend that they signed up for at the beginning of the week. Last minute. Can I say how THRILLED I am to know that we need to leave the house at 4am on Saturday morning???? This is nuts but I'm the race manager (hahahaha) so this is how it is! This will help them get ready for their big Disney race in September. Sleep will have to wait.

I am SOOOO looking forward to our vacation around Labor Day. I really haven't taken time off since January and in my job, that is not a good thing. In fact, one of my co-workers in another team passed away at work on Friday while going back up to his desk after lunch. Just collapsed on the stairs and like that, he was gone. We've worked together for 7 years... such a shame. So when I said, I'm taking time off for sure, everyone was happy to let me go. If we get a placement by the end of the year, I will deal with taking time off unpaid if I have to. It's better to take care of myself and my sanity.

1 comment:

kate said...

Good luck to Bill! That should be a fun time :) You deserve a good vacation Jenn - enjoy it!