Saturday, August 4, 2007

Update

I truly apolgize to everyone that has been checking here hoping for an update. It has not been pleasant around here and the last part of this week has been painful at times.

We are not traveling tomorrow to get settled in our hotel. We will not be at the hospital on Monday morning waiting for the c-section.

Wednesday morning, just before 9am, I got a call from the social worker. She said D was in the hospital. Then she told us that she delivered the baby early Monday morning. She was on her way up to the hospital and still had high hopes that the birth parents would sign the consents and we would be parents.

As of tonight, they have still not signed the consents. We do not expect them to. We have not heard any word from them since Thursday morning and neither has the social workers or agency. I will eventually write the entire experience as I know it will be beneficial for me to do so. No one saw the last few days coming or how it would turn out. Someone can benefit from our story, I know. I'm just not able to do so right now.

Stats on the baby.... she was born via emergency c-section on 7/30 at 2:50am. 5 pounds, 11 ounces, 18 inches long. As far as we are aware, she is still in the NICU. Please pray for her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen,

I will pray for you and Bill. Great things come to those who wait (being patient for this little girl) THEY HAVE COME FOR YOU!

Thank you for updating thru this hard time. Just keep a smile and know you BOTH are awesome people

Lindsay