Wednesday, July 25, 2007

12 Days or LESS!!

I called D yesterday morning. I had to leave a message, no one picked up. Not unusual in any way. I asked that she start thinking about what they want to do at the hospital, when she wants us there before the c-section. A "think about it and we'll talk later" kind of message. The evening came and I was a little bummed that I hadn't heard from her.

Things have been very rough at work. My group has been covering these conference calls that last 12 hours a day. I'm the lucky victim on-call this week. It's been pretty stressful and I am having a hard time concentrating! Imagine that! I have three people in my group, including myself. One is currently at the hospital because his wife was admitted Monday afternoon with a yet unknown cause. She is still there, possibly having surgery right now. My other co-worker is leaving town tomorrow night to take her kids to camp for the next 4 days. I am the lone cheese, standing all alone. I wasn't supposed to be on-call this weekend, but it very well might turn out that way.

D called me this morning. She said she didn't have a chance to call me yesterday because she has been in the hospital! She has actually been to the labor and delivery ward twice in the last 2 days!! She was having significant pains and G took her in because she was not doing well at all. The doctors checked her out, she is not dilating, they do not believe she is in labor, and they sent her back home. They think she is having pain because there is just no more room to give to the baby.

She said the baby is bruising her ribs pretty badly and she is "hibernating" at home, trying not to do anything but rest. So I guess I better make sure all the stuff is packed in case we end up leaving earlier than expected.

By the way, I will remind everyone that Bill predicted Little Roo to arrive on the 27th. He's still sticking to it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey you...

I come everyday to see is you have uodated.

Any news?


I am very excited for you. I can not wait to see your baby girl