Monday, July 23, 2007

14 Days!

Things are getting a bit nasty at work and my group is being asked to sit on a conference call for 11 hours a day, 7 days a week. One of my co-workers just left the office because his wife might need emergency surgery on her appendix and one is on vacation. That leaves me and one person to absorb the extra work and it's not going well.

This weekend was good and bad. I got a lot of things done, which is good. For the bad, I've been worrying A LOT that D and G are going to change their minds about the adoption. I just don't have a crystal ball to know exactly how this is going to turn out. They have never given me any indication of waivering on their decision, but as time ticks down, my mind is playing tricks on me. Stinks. I'm putting up a good front, but on the inside, I'm terribly nervous. It helps to know that everyone is thinking good thoughts for Little Roo and whatever way it turns out, it will be for the best. I hope it's in our favor. If we don't bring her home, she wasn't ours to begin with.

On the good side of having a lot of nervous energy, I packed up the baby bag. One, to see if all the stuff was going to really fit in the bag we have and two, we could get the call to travel any time now. (At the doctor's appointment on Friday, D is not dialated at all, so probably no baby at least in the next few days!) I would really hate to forget something while running out of the house in a hurry.

The baby bag currently contains:
3 side snap baby t-shirts
2 long gowns (in case staying overnight somewhere after release)
2 pairs socks
2 sets of baby legs (in case legs and feet are cold)
3 bibs
2 sets of mittens
2 hats
1 pink embroidered coming home outfit (from Grammy Andi)
1 matching bonnet (from Grammy Andi)
1 set of pink and white booties (from Grammy Paula)
extra outfit (in case our trip home takes 2 days!)
1 brush
1 comb
1 bulb aspirator
1 tiny nail clipper
1 tube diaper cream
1 Mustela moisture stick
1 bottle of Little Tummys gas relief drops
4 newborn disposable diapers
newborn baby wipes
changing pad
2 burp cloths
2 receiving blankets - the big size ones
3 different kinds of pacifiers
roll of plastic bags
hand sanitizer
2 Dr. Browns 4 oz bottles
1 Playtex 4 oz bottle with drop-in liners
a bunch of extra bottle parts

The 40 extra diapers are going to be in the trunk of the car! LOL

No comments: