Tuesday, December 11, 2007

First Santa Photo!

We got brave last night and headed off to the mall to get Meaghan's first picture with Santa.... I braced myself for chaos. Once Thanksgiving comes and goes, there is no going to the mall for me!!! Actually, it was great! Not as many people as I expected and the line for Santa wasn't a mile long. Meaghan was awake the whole time we were in line until the kids in front of us were getting their pictures taken and she fell asleep. I couldn't wake her up either so oh well. She's doing what she does best!



This was our first experience doing this obviously. The mall had a nice set up and a little "Winter Wonderland" thing going on. BUT right before it was your turn to get to Santa, they had this "great" snow machine and it was snowing on you while you were in line. Kids loved it! Parents hated it! We heard a lot of "Oh great - look at you now! You're all messed up for your pictures! Geez!!!!!". Flakes of soap everywhere and looks like instant dandruff. We tried to avoid it, pressed up to the wall, scooting past, but it ends up everywhere. The stroller was snowed on, the diaper bag, Meaghan's dress, my dark gray sweater, everything. Oh well.

We're going to Epcot this weekend because my mom is singing in the Candlelight Processional. Hopefully we can get some more pictures taken with the Santas of the world... but we're not sure they will hold her since she is still pretty young. I will try! She will not be wearing her "party dress" either... so last night was "the" night.

Update from race weekend: Bill won 3rd place in his age group for the duathlon! Congrats honey!! Meaghan and I are very proud of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks precious!!

kate said...

adorable Jenn!!!! That's a great photo :)

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Jen and Family

Unknown said...

Jenn,


I hope everything is ok. You have not updated in awhile. I know you have a new bebe but are things ok?

LIndsay