Thursday, January 10, 2008

January Update!

Oh I have been SOOOOOO bad about keeping this blog updated. I know you all are wondering what in the heck has happened to us!

When I say that taking care of a baby full time and working at home full time is overwhelming, that would be an understatement. I'm not a full time work from home person so it has been a struggle. I need to get out of the house, I just do. Next week, Meg is starting daycare and really, I'm OK with it. I know she will be taken good care of, we know a few of the ladies that work there. It's a few blocks from Bill's office, so he can go a few times a day to see her. I'm looking forward to getting back into the office and reconnecting with my adult self!

On the Meaghan front, she had a doctor's appointment yesterday. My little buttercup weighs 12 pounds, 4 ounces and is 24 inches long! A growing girl! She is smiling a lot, especially for her daddy, and talks up a storm. She can roll up on her side, but hasn't flipped over all the way yet. I'm sure she is very very close to doing so. She loves tummy time and her new Bumbo seat!

On the adoption front, everything is moving very quickly! We've done 2 out of 3 post-placement visits. We even got the court date for our adoption hearing - February 22nd. It's going to come quick! I've sent H several pictures and letters so far. I told her that I would send her more pictures from Christmas.

We made it through the holiday season! Meg was spoiled of course and her bib says it all.... "Santa Loves Me". Not that she cared much - too busy sleeping! Here's a few pictures from my brother....










This weekend we will be at Disney for the marathon. Bill and Brock are running on Sunday morning and it is supposed to be on the warmer side.... please keep them and all the athletes in your thoughts!

4 comments:

Kristi's mom said...

She is really a cutie!!! Have been waiting for an update and some pictures.

Unknown said...

Good Luck Bill and Brock on your marathon!

Jenn, she is beautiful and you have such a big heart to still be an open book about sharing pictures and such.

Enjoy your little girl!

Oh btw... have you and Bill thought about a nanny coming to your house to watch the wee one? It is the same price as daycare and she has one on one attention.

I used Kensington Nanny and have a wonderful nanny from there.

If your interested let me know and I have a few nannies names and such.

Have a great weekend!

Lindsay and Phoebe

kate said...

Jenn, I'm so thrilled to see an update :) SHE'S ADORABLE... such a cutie pie, glad to see and hear she's doing well!

Karen said...

I am so in love! I just teared up looking at picture #2! She is so beautiful and has the most alert little joyful spark! When can we get together next or when do we get to babysit? ; ) hint hint. Good luck today - you sound very prepared for her 1st day!