Monday, December 3, 2007

TPR Completed!


The final TPR (parental rights termination) court hearing in Iowa for Meaghan's birthparents took place this morning. All of their ties have been officially and legally severed. Every state is different how they handle this. We were never concerned about this hearing because after the revocation period had ended when Meaghan was a week old, someone would have had to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that fraud was commited. That wasn't going to happen! So even before we left Iowa, we were in the clear.

So now it is Florida's turn to get moving for finalization! It is possible we will have that done around February or March. It is nice to be past each little step.

I got my new camera yesterday.... well it's new to me anyway. I bought Jon's Nikon D200 because he purchased the new D3oo for himself. You can imagine what I've been taking pictures of.... hmmmm... wonder what that could possibly be!? I'm quite enjoying myself. I also think my old digital camera was dying, it has been acting strangely. I also realized why I was getting blurry pictures, especially in low light conditions. It has a shutter lag of almost 1 second so after I had pressed the shutter button, I was already moving my hand down while it was still taking the picture. What a pain, not to mention a lot of crappy pictures!!! I don't have the most steady hand either. The D200 is a digital SLR and the actual click and feeling of the shutter movement is very satisfying!!

Meaghan has a peds appointment tomorrow. I'll post her new stats. I'm sure she is over 9.5 pounds!

1 comment:

KRISTI said...

Just another step closer to making her OFFICIALLY yours! Yahoo!!!