Tuesday, November 4, 2008

12 Month Stats!

Meg had a check-up this morning!

length: 31.5" inches (98%)
weight: 21 pounds, 1.2 ounces (52%)

Tall! No wonder she can still fit into her 9 month clothes as long as they are 2 pieces! The Gymbo 12-18 month clothes (mainly the rompers and pants) still seem a little big for her, as do her Hanna size 80's even though she is right in the middle of the size charts. Her size 4 shoes are still a little big on her feet too but I know this will all change very quickly.

She's being transitioned to the next toddler room at school since she is standing and walking now. We've also been told that she is one of the more dominant kids in the current class and the teachers had to remove some play structure in the room because Meg would just bowl it over instead of playing with it quietly. I really hope she doesn't become Little Miss Bossy. Yesterday, she spent half the day in the new room. It was pretty evident to me because when she got home, she was standing and walking more than usual. I know she's trying to keep up with the bigger kids. The note said she did really well - and even participated in their circle time. She knows what circle time is... when she was at the kid gym, they called everyone to the circle. All the kids sat on the edge of it, Meg crawled and sat right in the center of it!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I stumbled upon your blog's July '07 posts while searching for bumGenius pictures (what a stash you had! Did they work out for you, btw?).

I was riveted by your story. My daughter was born this August and I just wanted to say that I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of preparation, courage and love I witnessed on your blog. Your daughter is beautiful and your example is truly inspiring. (Now if only I could learn to sew like you!)

Best wishes,
Victoria

Jenn said...

Hi Victoria! Congratulations on your little one!!

We LOVED our bumGenius dipes... I say "loved" because they are no longer with us - I passed them on to another that needed them more. If I were a SAHM, we'd definitely still have them and use them exclusively, but with a no cloth diapers policy at daycare, we blessed someone else who would use them! Only using them on evenings and weekends wasn't generating enough laundry for me to justify running a full load before they *needed* to be washed! One has to keep on top of that stuff. :)

We were using the 2.0 version. There is currently a 3.0 version out, but I don't know the specific differences.

Your comments are very sweet... and very much appreciated! Thank you!!!