Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Meaghan!!

A year ago today, we met our sweet little Meaghan for the very first time. She was not even 24 hours old and she was so small. Bill and I had a discussion at lunch today, looking back at that moment and about our week in Iowa while we waited for the legal paperwork to be filed and approved. It was such a wonderful time for us to bond and be a family.

This was the first picture I took of the little angel:


Well a fast year later, and here we are! It's Meaghan's first birthday party! Things don't always go as planned as moms of toddlers already know. With the time change, it definitely threw things for a loop a bit. Naps were off and with us having a busy weekend, it just went crazy pretty fast. Then we were trying to hurry things along since we had some guests that had to leave early. All the food was very good though!!! I did forget about the tub of potato salad in the refrigerator!

Meg got a pink pokey ball from Grammy and Granddad!!


The Pooh Surprise birthday cupcake cake!


"I don't want this stupid hat on - what are you all looking at?"


"Stop all the singing - I don't like cake!"


For all of you that say my child never cries..... here was the big melt down.


Ding ding! Cake - round 2! Meg did a little exploring with a spoon.


And then she got dirty so all was not right with the world again.


Clean up - Biscuit, where are you??


Meg went into the bathtup and then we decided to take a break from the cake and open presents!


A box!


"I don't know how to work this thing, but it makes good noises!"


"Ohhh another toy!"


Grammy and Papa got Meg her very own rocking chair!


"How does this thing work??"


Grammy and Granddad found a scooter for Meg!


"Ohhhh streamers!"


"It's good to be me!"


Ding ding! Cake - round 3!













In the end, Meaghan does like cake after all. She apparently is just not a big fan of getting dirty. After a second bath and some playing with her new toys, she was back to her normal self!!! She was one tired little girl.

Next year I'm sure will be hard to keep her out of the cake and she will want to smash it when we don't want her to!

All of these pictures were taken by my brother Jon! Thank you!!!!!!! :)

7 comments:

Deb said...

Great pictures. Glad she finally warmed up to the cake.
I love the shirts she's in. Can you tell me where they came from. I'd love to get similar for my daughter's 1st next year.

Anonymous said...

so hard to believe it's been a year :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEG!!!

kate said...

that last comment was from me ;) KATE :)

Jenn said...

Hi Debbie! I'm so glad you love Meg's shirts! Amy from "tote and tee" made them.

http://www.toteandtee.com/catalog/

She did an excellent job! The number 1 shirt is the "So Dotty Tee" and the m shirt is the "Chocolate Candies Tee". They tend to run a bit small - she uses the American Apparel brand so they are super thick. They are size 2T and I think we will be able to wear them for a quite a while!

Jenn said...

Hi Kate!!!!! How is your sweet little bug doing???

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool! I feel like I was there at Meg's birthday too! Looks like it was a great time! I love the shirt too, maybe I can get one for my "M" kid too, do they come in big people sizes!!! Mailed a package to you today.

Happy Birthday Meaghan!!!!

Mistymoon said...

I can't believe she is one already! As you know, I love seeing her pictures so keep them coming. Happy Bday Meg.
Nance