Monday, November 27, 2006

One Holiday Down

Thanksgiving went off without any major problems! No china was broken in the process. I forgot to take a picture of my set table because when it was ready to go, we sat down and ate! I can see using the same linens again (a burgandy stripe table cloth) so I'm sure I'll see the same table setup again!

This was also the weekend of the big clean out! Bill and I went through every kitchen cabinet and purged a ton of stuff. Since we needed to clean out one whole cabinet to store our new china, other things had to go. My parents had bought us 2 sets of casual dinnerware that we were using as our "good" stuff. Now that is our everyday plates and we got rid of the cafeware that we had been using and we are no longer using our Tupperware plates. It feels like we are real adults now - LOL! My brother is the lucky recipient of most of our old dinnerware as it matches his dishes too. We also purged an old food steamer, which one of our friends is eyeing, and an electric juicer. We had the best intentions to use it but we know now that it is so much better to eat the whole fruit with the fiber than just drinking the juice.

Our Christmas tree went up and it absolutely glows with it's 1500 lights. I hope it doesn't catch the house on fire - that would be bad! Bill wired lights on to our tree 2 years ago with the thought that we can just unfold it and plug it in. That is exactly what happened - no bad strands! The tree needed quite a bit of "fluffing" and it is very scratchy but now it is all decorated. I am enjoying my holiday candles sitting out and hopefully I just remember to light them! My best friend got me hooked on Gold Canyon Candles and they really do smell more than the Yankee ones. I just got some new ones - Vanilla Cinnamon and Holiday Wreath. Yummy!

Christmas is going to be at my parent's house this year... so I have done my holiday hosting for the year. We'll probably have some friends over for dinner, but that is the norm. No more big family parties at our house in the near future. On the 23rd, we'll be at Epcot since my mom is singing in the Candlelight Processional. I am looking forward to that - I love Disney at Christmas time. They always go all out on the decorating and we always have a great time spending time as a family. My brother will also be coming and he is in charge of the dinner reservations!

Purdue has accepted a bowl game in Orlando on December 29th. Better get that day off as we are trying to get tickets for that! Go Boilers!!

No comments: