Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thankfully Getting Started

Hi and welcome to my little spot in the world!

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I desperately need to clean my house for all the family coming over for dinner! Actually, the house isn't bad, it needs it's normal straightening and pet hair pick up. That part never ends....


What's on the menu???
  • Rotisseried fresh turkey injected with garlic and spices

  • Sauteed green beans with nutmeg

  • Roasted fingerling potatoes

  • Gravy with mushrooms

  • Big green salad

  • Sage stuffing

  • Peas with pearl onions

  • Yeast rolls

  • Bill's famous fresh pumpkin pie!

I'm sure I've forgotten something! We will be using our brand new china and silverware for the first time. It's all washed and ready to go. Bill and I did not purchase any china when we were married 7.5 years ago, probably because we were so young we didn't know what we would do with it! We ran across a platinum-edged set from Noritake (Kingswood) that we just fell in love with and bought 16 place settings! It has scalloped black accent plates really make it pop. Bill talked me into two sets.... I am so lucky! I'll have to take pictures of the table once it is all set up. I'm sure it will be beautiful!


No comments: