Tuesday, December 12, 2006

County Jail, Trip Number One

Another day of adoption errands...

1. Get home equity line of credit closing documents notarized
2. Go to the county jail and get fingerprinted for FBI clearance

We went down the bank and got all our closing documents signed and completed. Check. Then we asked for the notary to sign our FBI records release for the agency and she wouldn't do it. She cannot sign any papers that are court-related. Nuts - didn't know that! At least we know now if anything comes up with the adoption down the road, we can't go to the bank. Now I have to go to another place that does notary work and I have to pay... oh well.

Next stop was the county jail. I thought this was extremely funny to pull into the parking lot. We put our name on the list and waited about 5 minutes for our names to be called. I had called yesterday and found out where to go and I told them that I didn't have the fingerprinting card. "No problem", I was told, "come on in." That's what we did. The tech asked us where our cards were. We don't have any, we told her. She said we do not have cards here. What? We are in a JAIL. You fingerprint people every day, right? When you arrest people do you make them go home and print out the fingerprint document before they are booked? I'm guessing "NO".

So we went home and called our homestudy coordinator. She told me to print out the fingerprint card from the FBI website and that should be good enough for them. It does not need to be done on cardstock. We are going back AGAIN tomorrow morning and hopefully we will be successful. Who knows?? Isn't it always like this when working with the government?

The good news today - we've been assigned a social worker to complete our homestudy. I have not talked to her yet but someone has our case. We are moving forward one day at a time!

I was off from work today and I got my hair fixed. It looks fabulous if I do say so myself. It's darker than it has been but that is to fix all the red, orange, and purple that was put in the last time I was at the other salon. It's more my natural color now and a little shorter so it curls up tighter. I am thrilled!

No comments: