Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Just Call Me "Inky"

Second trip down to the county jail was a success! Our fingerprints were taken on the paper print-out of the FBI card and the tech didn't even bat an eyelash. This was a different lady then yesterday so who knows what she would have said yesterday if we had her instead. We were taken right in. My co-workers find it extremely funny that we had to have this done. I am hearing several jokes about it until they forget this ever happened.

We also were able to get the records release notarized and our money orders for the clearances. Bill mailed everything off this morning to the FBI offices in West Virginia. One more thing done.

We are pretty much caught up on all paperwork until the next round comes in for our homestudy. There are still things to keep us busy, like starting to gather all our pictures for the family profile. I'm not worrying about the insurance deal any longer. I'll have plenty of time to ask the lawyer those technical questions when the time comes.

ALL of my Christmas shopping is officially done! This includes Bill's stocking gifts, which is always a very big deal around here. The last few things that I needed from Target I picked up yesterday when I was off from work, including all the pet gifts that I needed for the family's pets. Of course, I HAD to pick up presents for my sweet babies Biscuit and Harley. I love the American Kennel toys for dogs because they aren't the normal cheap fuzzy toys, these are more furry. I picked up a small gray rabbit for Biscuit as she prefers smaller soft toys for carrying. The target cashier had put all the pet toys in one bag and I had enough stuff for 5 cats and 3 dogs.

When I got home, I had the Target bags and an arm-full of groceries from Wild Oats. I put the Target bags on the floor in the kitchen. Later I was reading the mail and I heard someone nosing the plastic bags. I didn't think anything of it... we have nosey pets, they are always into something. A few minutes later, I heard the plastic bag being drug across the tile floor. I got up to investigate. Biscuit had found the rabbit toy and was determined to get it out of the bag but the handles were stuck on the cardboard holder so it was not working as planned. She wanted the toy and was dragging the bag over to her couch for some good fun. Luckily I saw her and stopped all this before she completely had the toy all slobbered up. Nothing else in the bag of toys did she want but that rabbit. I know her soooo well! At least I know she will be playing with it a lot once she gets it.

No comments: