Monday, December 11, 2006

The Never-Ending To-Do List

The further we get into the adoption work, the more there is to do!

Of course that is expected.... it's just overwhelming sometimes and I have to step back and focus on one baby step at a time.

There is a debate between myself and my HR department regarding when Little Roo would be covered under our health insurance. The latest I have been told is that it is with finalization, not with placement. Ugh! The thought of having a baby that is not covered under insurance makes my stomach turn. I will have to keep asking someone that knows. The worst thing that happens is that we will have to pay for everything out of pocket for Little Roo until the adoption is completely finalized and that will depend on what state Little Roo is born. This is stressing me out.... I'm not happy about it but at the same time, I can see that there is still room for something to happen in that time and the finalization not go through and the insurance is stuck with a bill. I can be concerned about this, but I cannot worry about it.

Our home equity line of credit is almost open. They surprised me and called on Friday afternoon and said they are sending out the closing documents that night. We got them on Saturday morning. Several of the forms need to be notarized before they can be returned but then our money will be available within 5 business days. Wow!! I had expected this to close in the early part of January. We'll be busy tonight going over all these papers.

We were filling out forms last night, this is our new hobby by the way, and completed many that I could turn in today. One of which is the homestudy application and fee. Bill finished the adoption manual that the agency wanted us read and then we went out to dinner to discuss. We filled out most of the clearance forms that need to be turned in but the FBI one remains. Both of us need to be fingerprinted and those cards have to be sent for federal background checks. That is going to take the most time I think, 8-10 weeks. I called the sheriff's office and they said for me to come on down to the county jail to get fingerprinted..... yikes! Me? Come to the jail?? Whatever it takes.

I was doing so well today just marking off items on my To-Do list but this whole insurance thing is REALLY bothering me! Argh!!!!!

Best to go home and work out....

I'm off from work tomorrow and I'm getting my hair done. It has been enough time since the infamous purple roots disaster from my last stylist that it can be safely mended. Who knows how long this is going to take to get my hair looking halfway decent again. One thing is for sure... I won't be going back to the original stylist and I had been seeing her for years. 2 times in a row I ended up with red and purple in my hair when it is supposed to be ash brown! The first time was the benefit of the doubt and everyone thought it looked very nice really. The second time was the day before we were leaving for R's wedding and it was a complete disaster. People that don't know me didn't think much about it and probably thought I was a little goth.... people that DO know me were very surprised to see my insane hair. I'm all for looking normal again. What's even worse, putting my hair in a pony tail makes me look like a skunk as my brassy orange highlights were concentrated on the front and top of my head while the rest was dark dark dark! I wanted to get it corrected right away but I was afraid of my hair breaking or even falling out. I'm desperate to go to someone I don't know to get it fixed. I'll be doing a lot of talking before she even touches my hair!

No comments: