Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Blessings

I haven't posted anything in a while! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Bill and I were at my parents house with my brother and uncle for the weekend preceeding Christmas day. As I've mentioned before - my parents love decorating for Christmas and we got to enjoy it without all the work! We took our AeroBed with us and it was a tight squeeze in my old bedroom!

I was going through the pictures on my mom's computer to see if she had any that we could use for our family profile. I found one of me holding a stuffed little roo! It must have been when we were at the Magic Kingdom earlier in the fall. I think it's perfect to use for my profile picture. Who knew??

We all went to mass on Sunday morning and we were picked to be the gift family. That was pretty neat and the priest that said mass was the same person that married us over 7 years ago. He said he was happy to see us and Bill got to tell him about our Ireland trip last year. My mom made a wonderful dinner for Christmas Eve since we were heading out the next morning to make it over to Bill's parent's house for Christmas dinner. Bill was put to work and helped my dad hang coach lights beside the garage door. Of course, we had "A Christmas Story" on since TBS does a 24 hour marathon! I took a lot of pictures - mainly of my parent's cat! I love photographing pets.

We had some bad rain driving back home and in some places we had to drive very slow because it was very hard to see. Bill and I exchanged our gifts and then we were off driving again! Bill's dad made Christmas dinner and we got our Biscuit back again. She had a little vacation of her own staying with the in-laws and their 2 dogs. She'll be going back there this weekend as we are headed back to Orlando to see Purdue play in a bowl game on Friday night.

Luckily it has been very quiet this week at work, and it is our only downtime of the whole year in production support land. Most people are gone so we truly have a skeleton crew around here. We have made very good progress on finishing our documents for the home study. We signed all the papers last night and now we are waiting to schedule our home visit with our social worker. She is going to call me today and we are going to arrange a day to meet. We started our adoption journey officially just a month ago and I think we have come very far in a short period of time. We are waiting for our reference letters to come back from our friends, but we can get started on the home visit before those are back. Our SW said that will give her an opportunity to start on the written report that she is responsible for.

This is very exciting!!

Bill did buy a present for Little Roo..... it is very sweet and soft! My MIL also gave us a pewter baby dish and matching spoon that had ducks on it. We ourselves are not going to go crazy in the buying mode anytime soon for baby stuff. We have at least decided to make it through the home study and then probably get a few basic items so we will feel somewhat prepared.

No comments: