Thursday, January 18, 2007

Car Seats Again!!

Remember my little rant about car seats and the bogus Consumer Reports issue about infant seat safety??? Well take a look at this!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/01/18/car_seat/index.html

Consumer Reports is recalling their original study of the infant car seats because some of the crash scenarios were tested at 70+ mph instead of the 38.5 mph that they really reported. My child seat technician friends are having a laugh over this one, but the damage has already been done.

This is a huge discrepancy and not just a little "error". It also seems completely irresponsible. If they were so wrong about the test speeds, what else where they wrong about? I bet the retraction will not get nearly the same amount of press that the first report about the failures did. I'm not talking about this any longer. The recall speaks for itself!

On a good note - We finished our family profile last night. It was really stressing me out over the last few days and finally I pretty much just started over. I was trying so hard to make it like the samples we were given, although I don't even believe they are real people. I can't take my own darn advice!! I just sat down and started writing from the heart and what I would tell people about us in a normal conversation.

Bill looked it over and made a few adjustments and my friend Karen also reviewed is for us. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be able to get it done before our vacation but now I think we're going to send it out on Saturday to our agency. The development company can start working on making the proof while we are gone. One of the ladies in our agency is going to look it over as well and will suggest any changes for us to make. She has been doing this for a few years so we'll have to see what she thinks.

A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I am ready for vacation! I haven't packed a thing and this is very unususal for me! I always have a list by now too - and I have NOTHING! OK, I did buy our underwater cameras and I got another memory card for my camera so I can take plenty of pictures. I obviously have my trip basics on hand - Purell and baby wipes! Tonight, I'm going to get cracking.

No comments: