Thursday, January 18, 2007

Heather's Foundation

Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:15

Heather update 5 and foundation information!!

Everyone, the past few days have been disappointing for me because in Austin we have been having a huge ice storm and I have been stuck in my house not able to see Hebby for 2 days. I have spoken to Heather and she is slowly progressing but is in immense pain. Yesterday they changed her bandages in her room for the first time (normally it's done in surgery) and the pain was beyond words. It was a very rough day for all. But Heather's spirits are great and she is talking and alert and even beginning some physical therapy. We finally got to see her and visit with her today and to say that my sister is determined right now would be a slight understatement! On Saturday she will go into what we hope will be her last surgery to do the skin grafts on her left leg and from then on it will be healing and learning to adjust. She is all ready worn out with the current situation and is ready to be mobile again.

As for the foundation for Heather........It is done and ready to go! I have all ready made a donation to make sure that everything is functioning and it is. Over the past couple of days I have been telling Heather about all the people that have been calling our house and all the emails that I have personally been receiving and she cannot understand it. She can't believe that all these people are thinking about her and want to help. I personally think that she has no idea and I would love for everyone to show her how truly loved she is. So pass the foundation link to everyone that knows Heather that I do not and please encourage anyone to donate. The foundation site is http://www.hhfund.org/


Again thank you all so much for your support!

Ryan

P.S. One thing that I forgot to add is when visiting the foundation website please make sure you sign the guest book so that Heather can see all the names!!! Thanks again.

No comments: