Friday, January 19, 2007

It's Coming Together!

This is a great day!

Our family profile is in the envelope, ready to be mailed out tomorrow. The "Adoption Planning Questionnaire" is also in the envelope. I can't believe it - this was a huge step to accomplish and we did it! We can go on vacation and when we get back, it will be the start of a new journey for our little family.

Thank you Karen for reading over our profile!! I am grateful that you are so supportive and are able to help out in every way. You are our biggest cheerleader! I am confident that our profile reflects "us" in every way. Thank you!!

And we keep getting good news! Our social worker emailed me tonight that our FBI clearances came back. Wow! That only took about 5 weeks - not the 8 to 10 weeks we expected!! AND she is going to finish our home study report for us to review before we leave on our cruise on Sunday. By the time we return, it will be completely finalized and in the hands of our agency. I am so happy!

I have been keeping a written journal of our milestones in this journey so some day I can give it to Little Roo. He/she will see every step we did to find him/her! I hope it will be special for them as much as it is for me. I figure that I will not have a baby book that reads "Today I found out I was pregnant with you" and we might not have any ultrasound pictures, so this is the next best thing that I could think of. At least for right now.

Congratulations to Brock and Erica!! They have finished their paperchase for their China adoption!! Now the papers are off for translation and the waiting begins. I am so proud of them and I hope their wait is very short!

No comments: