Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Home Visit Today!!

The cleaning is done and the paperwork is all signed! The home visit is today right after lunch.

I must say, I'm not nervous. I have listened to everyone's advice that this is not a huge deal. It should be like talking to someone who wants to see what you're like and I think it is obvious that we are NOT crazy people. We have indoor plumbing to at least one bathroom and our child will not be trampled by livestock! I should make a copy of our check list for everyone to see... some of it is very comical.

Thank you to everyone who has been very encouraging with the "good luck" and the "you two will be the best parents to a lucky child" and such. It really helps to have such a support system!!

Congrats to Kristi who brought home her beautiful baby girl on Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn - you are too darn cute! This blog is great and I am so glad that I know you during this adoption journey you are starting. And can I just say that the term "baby bucket" has become one of my new favorite phrases!!! You guys are gonna love this ride!!

Jenn said...

Thanks Karen! You are keeping me grounded you know! I appreciate that you are one of my biggest cheerleaders on this journey. You are the best!!!