Friday, February 16, 2007

We'll Be Active On Monday!

We received the contracts for activation yesterday and had them notarized last night. The contract wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. It protects everyone involved. We can't turn down a match that fits with our preferences because we meet the birthparents and decide that they aren't "good" enough for us. We can't try to find out more information about the birthparents by hiring a private investigator or anything of that nature. We can turn down a match if information arises that changes the situation and we do not feel comfortable moving forward. If we get pregnant, we have to notify them within 30 days. All pretty standard stuff and nothing that concerns me.

This morning, Bill dropped them off in the FedEx envelope so they are on their way! We aren't sure anyone will be in the office tomorrow to sign for the package, so it getting there on Monday is all fine and good. If we "missing" out on any situations, it wasn't meant to be anyway.

Speaking of which, I don't have any clue whether we have been shown yet or not to the birthmom discussed earlier this week. I'm actually guessing not since we technically were not activated yet in the system and the mom is not currently in a distressing situation where she has to have a family today! She is still listed in the available situations. We'll have to see what transpires on Monday and Tuesday of next week.

Now the real "Big Wait" really begins so I really can't get ahead of myself. I pray I have the patience for this.

No comments: