Friday, June 22, 2007

33 Weeks!

OH MY GOSH! Time is FLYING!!

Today D is 33 weeks and she is 28 days away from officially being full term!!!

She called me yesterday and needed to vent. G's grandmother has been sending her a ton of emails about "baby stuff". I'm not sure exactly what the "baby stuff" entails, but some of it is making D uncomfortable for whatever reason. Maybe some of it is anti-adoption. D mentioned that "granny" was putting in a lot of religious comments, like the adoption plan that D and G have put together is a sin. D is just not sure what to do. This is not her grandmother, so she is trying very hard to be polite with the unsolicited advice. She hoped it would eventually taper off, but it hasn't. D's not sure how to tell her to "back off". I really didn't have any good advice for her, I could tell that she just needed to talk about it.

D said that everyone has been very supportive with their decision so she was very surprised by "granny" and her emails. They are still very commited to following through with the adoption. Then she wanted to change the subject and talk about more important things - Little Roo! She asked how my mom was doing on the crib bedding. She said she hoped Little Roo would have a big doll house to play with. D is absolutely giddy knowing how spoiled this little princess is going to be!

D and G are still with family up in the north part of the state. The place that they are going to buy when they come back here still has a person living in it. They have to wait for him to move out first and he is trying to find another house. I'm preparing myself that she might deliver Little Roo up there instead of the hospital here down the street. It's not a big deal for us at all, just a few hours drive. Bill's parents already said they will take Biscuit for us if the situation comes up. I told D that we want her to be where she is most comfortable and we will be wherever she is. This is one of those things that we are going to have to play by ear.

She has another doctor's appointment today and she was going to ask when to schedule the c-section. Just for the record, Bill predicted July 27th as Little Roo's birthday way back when. We'll have to see if that's close! D has been having a lot of Braxton Hicks "practice" contractions. She is still enjoying her daily floatings in the pool to stay comfortable. She has not gotten the newest card that I put in the mail last week. I'll have to get with her social worker to make sure she sent it out!

We had the big V install the fiber optic network at our house this week so I was off the computer for a while. Since I couldn't work, I got more sewing done! I finished another Mei Tai for a momma that wanted a certain fabric for her little one. I'm getting paid for that so that is really fun for me! I'm wanting to do more sewing this weekend. Oh yeah and take more pictures of Little Roo's room to put in her journal!

No comments: