Friday, June 29, 2007

34 Weeks!

No updates about the moving status yet. Not sure if the current tentant closed on his new house or not, so we're just waiting to hear one way or the other.

It's been a great week! I remember when we were first matched with D and G, we said "We'll know the baby is close when we get past Memorial Day and July 4th!". Well.... July 4th is next week.... we're getting close!

I'm still looking ahead to the bittersweet time of spending time with D in the hospital. I'm so excited to meet Little Roo - to see her sweet face and count her little toes. I can picture the look on Bill's face when he holds her for the first time. I'm imagining what it is going to be like when our parents and our siblings meet her for the first time. It's going to be an amazing journey! I also know that it is going to be so hard for D and G to say good-bye. I don't want to see them cry, I don't want to see them in pain. I accept that this is part of the journey. I'm just not looking forward to it, but one does not come with the other.

We had a surprise show up at the door on Wednesday! My friend Glenn from work bought us some gifts off our Target registry and I was so surprised! Everything arrived in perfect condition and was wrapped beautifully. It was very fun to open these mystery boxes!

I've been doing a little shopping of my own as I find goodies (with a good price for sure!):

Baby Banz in red. The earlier you start using them, the faster the baby gets used to having something on their head. We're planning on using hats too, but we protect our eyes, we should protect hers too.

Secure2Me Solarveil blanket in khaki. I've been searching for a solution to keeping the UV rays off the little one, especially when we will be at Disney World in September. This is a great invention and I can clip it onto either stroller, her car seat, anything! It blocks 95% of UV rays and it should keep her cool and comfortable. True confession time.... I bought the Lime Meringue one off the main page too for cooler weather! Hey, I know we'll be back at Disney in January and we are so lucky that that weekend is usually the coldest one of the year! I talked to the owner of Secure2Me - Amy - and she is the greatest!! She answered all my questions and shipped my order right away.

Maybe I'm over-doing the whole UV thing, but I also picked up these Sun Sensors from Huggies Little Swimmers. Realistically, we live in Florida. I don't do the sun. I can't say that I'm a huge sunscreen wearer, because I'm not diligent about wearing it every day. I'm either white or red - no in between. I am very careful to stay out of the sun during the day and one of my favorite products is Del Sol nail polish. I call it my "UV meter" but it's fun to see my clear glitter nails turn to a bright ruby red!

We'd like to get Little Roo swimming pretty quickly. I did it, my brother did it. We could swim (or really turn on our backs and float) before we could walk. I found this swim diaper from Bummis in Red Cows. Pretty darn cute if you ask me!

I found out Babylegs is having another buy one, get one free sale. Not what I wanted to hear.... these are so cute and I have quite a few pairs for the baby. I think she needs some blue ones though....or maybe the watermelon one.... as I said - Oh No!!!!

My mom popped over yesterday with all the crib bedding that she has been working on. It's not finished yet, but it is looking sooooo cute! I love it!!! I need to take some pictures. The striped crib skirt, the diaper stacker, toy organizer, and waterproof changing pad are all finished. The green gingham bumpers are all put together but we have to put the ties on them to hold them to the bars. My mom spent hours making these velcro wrap-around flowers instead of putting ribbons on them to tie. They are amazing! She also put these same flowers on the diaper stacker and the toy organizer to tie it all together. I'm blown away. I have no idea how to thank her for all her time and hard work. Again.... need to get some pictures taken of the work in progress.

My brother is almost done with the roll-out drawer underneath the crib to store all the blankets. I can't wait to see it! I'm envisioning that the Harley cat is going to discover this magic sleeping space, but I guess I can't complain. Jon is also wanting to add another cross beam under the crib to help make it super sturdy. That's the architect in him talking so that's his next project!

Haven't done this in a few weeks..... according to the pregnancy calendar:

Week Thirty-Four
  • Your baby acts completely like a newborn, with her eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping. You may also find her settling into more of a routine for sleeping & awake times.
  • She has learned to blink. She can also see more clearly when there is a bright light on your stomach and probably has the outline of all your organs memorized!
  • Fingernails have reached the end of the fingertips now. She may scratch her face even before she is born!
  • Your little one's length is 17.7 inches (45cm) and weight is 4.7 pounds (2146 g).

No comments: