Thursday, June 14, 2007

D's Bag

I can't believe that I've neglected my blog for so long! It's not like there isn't stuff going on - it's just been a little mad around here! Work has been kicking my butt this week and I've been working 16-18 hour days. Not cool! Summer is a busy time for us since our applications are rolling out so much new functionality after the budgets pay out the money.

Our Amby bed came today! I am so excited... I will have to take pictures once it is all set up. We ended up getting the blue one and I really like the color!

Over the weekend I finished the tote bag for D that we will give her in the hospital. I found a bunch of "sheer freesia" items at BB&W that I hope she likes. It is not too overpowering and very pretty. I also have picked up a pair of fuzzy slippers. I'll be sticking a bunch of other stuff in there as well, but I really wanted to make her something. This is how it turned out:

It's pretty good sized.... a tote for sure with a matching zippered case!



I even lined the inside of the zippered case... I was so darn proud of myself!



Here's a peak at the inside... I put 6 pockets in the inside for all her goodies and there are 2 pockets on the exterior. It has a hard covered bottom too.



And here's the bottom with the "feet" I put on the bottom, but that really covers up with I had to attach the straps.



I think it's quite fun for the summer and I really hope D likes it! I'm going to make a smaller version for her social worker since she has been so helpful and supportive for both of us! I think she would be very surprised!

D called me this afternoon. She sounds in very good spirits and she was just about to take a dip in the pool for her daily "floating". She said she is getting very very big! I can only imagine... She said she was thinking about me and I said, "Well, I've been thinking about you! I'm heading over to the post office right now to send you something in the mail!" Too funny! She said again how excited they were for us and it makes her so happy to know that we are going to be Little Roo's parents.

I can't believe how amazing D is. I am so grateful every day for this experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should sell these bags.

I would buy one!

That is an awesome bag

Jenn said...

Thanks girl! Maybe I should make you one as a new mommy gift!!