Thursday, May 31, 2007

Crib Fabric

Bill and Jon went to Indiana for the Indianapolis 500. They had a great time and we have requested tickets for next year already. They had some rain but the weather was very nice. I had a great time at my parent's house! Biscuit was invited to come with me and she was on her very best behavior the whole time. My dad played with her constantly over the weekend and she thought the grapefruit on the ground in the backyard were all balls to play with! She'd pick them up and get a big mouthful of surprise but she loved it.

My mom and I picked out all the fabric for the crib bedding and she gave me a few peices to put in the journal that I am keeping for Little Roo. I think it is going to look great! We also picked out some polka dots fabric to make the diaper stacker and a organizer from but she hadn't cut that out before I left so I don't have that material.



I picked up some pink paisley fabric to make my own mei tai with. I haven't gotten started on it yet, but I think it will turn out great. I'm completely in love with the fabric and it's perfectly girly! I'm also going to make some portable changing pads for the diaper bag and I found some decorator remnants to make some more bags out of. I need something to keep me busy for the next 7 weeks or so!

D called me yesterday to tell me how her last doctor's appointment went. She said she is getting huge and is enjoying just floating around in the pool every night after work. It helps take the weight off because she feels so awkward. The baby is gaining weight. I'm also starting to realize how much stuff we still need to get done!

D said "This may sound like the weirdest thing ever to someone that doesn't understand this, but I am so excited for you that you are finally getting a baby! I can't wait!" I understand it perfectly but I guess it does seem very strange from the outside. D sees herself in a surrogate role. She feels she is giving us this very important gift. I am so blessed to know this amazing couple. I make it a point to tell them all the time how grateful we are. I am trying to enjoy every minute of this journey, with all the ups and downs. Adoption is so much harder than I thought it would be but it is so worth it. It has made me a stronger person, it has made Bill and I a stronger couple. It will make me a better mom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That fabric is beautiful!

Wow how time flies. August is right around the corner

Jenn said...

Hey speaking of which..... where are the pictures of your little princess??? I want to see!! :)