Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend!


My parents sent me the cutest little card because I am a mommy-to-be! It was the sweetest thing ever! Of course we are seeing both our mothers this weekend and have great goodies to give out. Thanks Mom for all you do!!!

Little Roo is 27 weeks today. There is much discussion about when the third trimester actually begins. Some say 27 weeks, some say 28 weeks. I'm voting for 28 weeks, so there's another week to go!

According to the pregnancy calendar...

Week Twenty-Seven
  • Your little one's brain continues its rapid growth. Don't forget to share music, conversation, and even books with your baby!
  • Response to sound grows more consistent toward the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to the ear is complete. Your baby's hearing continues to develop, he or she may start to recognize your voice as well as your partner's.
  • Lungs continue to grow and prepare for functioning outside of the womb. Each day in the womb greatly increases survival rates!
  • He also continues to take small breaths and although he's only breathing in water and not air, it's still good practice for when he's born.
  • Eyelids are now open more. Your baby can distinguish between light and dark. Retinas have formed.
  • Your baby will grow over ½ inch this week alone! You may suspect this phenominal growth rate repeats in the preteen years!
  • Average size is now 14.4 inches (36.6cm) and 1.9 pounds (875gm).


I touched base with our social worker today and she has been hearing that things are going well through D's social worker. She knew that we had met for lunch and told me again that everyone thinks we have a great match. I had some questions regarding travel, the letters and pictures agreement, and the amount of money that we are planning on for gifts for D and G at the birth. She said Florida law is pretty liberal regarding these gifts.... we can't give them a new car or anything like that but jewelry is not a problem. We're not planning on giving any diamonds here, so we are in the clear.

This is my latest favorite thing to give to D. I think it's a keeper. I had a lot of ideas but I knew that I wouldn't be able to really decide until I saw her in person. This would look so pretty on her and I think it is very sweet. I want one too!!! It can have so many different meanings so I don't think she would be worried about wearing it and getting asked questions about what it means.

Now I need to figure out what to give G. Buying things for guys is always so much harder!!! Our social worker gave me a few ideas to think about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklance, Jenn, I think it's perfect!

Happy Mother's Day.

KRISTI said...

I love that! It is perfect. We also got our bmom a heart necklace and she loved it.

Jenn said...

It is more perfect for D every day... Thank you!! I ran it past our social worker and she loved it too so I think we found a winner!