Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Tears!

D called me yesterday afternoon. She said she wanted to wish me the happiest Mother's Day ever and wished she could give me a great big hug!!

She said she had wanted to call me on Sunday but with all the packing, time got away from her. I told her that I had thought about her all day and wanted to call her, but I second guessed myself and obviously did not. She understood. She also told me that plans had changed a bit and they are staying with family in the north part of the state for 6 weeks. They are going to save as much money as possible so they can buy a place for themselves when they are ready to come back here this summer. D will call me in a few days to let me know they are settled in.

I kept it together until I got off the phone, I was just so happy to hear from her. Then it sank in what had just happened and I melted. I can't believe how thoughtful and strong she is. She truly touched my heart. I called Bill, still crying, and said "D just called me." Ummmm, probably not the best thing to do... he thought something very bad had happened!

I feel like the luckiest woman alive!

No comments: