Monday, April 16, 2007

Adventures In Diapering!

I got a majority of my "fluffy" mail over the last few days. I was anxious to try it out on a "victim".... who better than my pal Pooh? He's been strapped into the carseat for the last few weeks in an attempt to foil Biscuit's kidnapping of Pooh from the nursery.

Here's Pooh in a chinese infant prefold, newspaper fold, secured by a yellow Snappi. Not too shabby for my first try.

I first attempted to use one of the newborn prefolds, but Pooh has a rather round tummy and an even bigger rear so the "wings" in the back wouldn't reach around to the front. Had to size up!


Newborn size Prorap.... might be a little tight because the prefold underneath it is infant sized, not newborn. I like that the cover is notched for the cord.


Newborn size Imse Vimse (Swedish for itsy bitsy) day cover. I like this one a lot, it's very soft, and of course, the bear print!


bumGenious! one-size diaper.... a little big with the insert stuffed in it. It probably won't fit Little Roo until she is over 8 pounds. They are definately going to be Bill's favorite because it's easy to put on and fasten... no prefolds or Snappi's involved.... so we'll call these the "Daddy Dipes".

After the Cottonbabies seconds sale, I have 20 of these bad boys! Bill wouldn't let me buy all pink ones.... I can live with that.




Update to the meeting with 'D'.... She contacted her social worker today to let her know about her doctor's appointment tomorrow and that 'G' was going to take her, not me. Then she said that she wanted to set up a lunch meeting with us in the next few weeks so all four of us could meet in person. Sounds like we are going to get together at the beginning of May. Her social worker, who we have been working with, will be there as well to help us get off to a great start.

Her social worker is very happy to facilitate this meeting, knowing that it will help her in the process and through the birth. I know if D didn't really want to meet us and wanted to remain completely detached, she would have not suggested that we meet to her social worker. At the beginning she didn't think she wanted to meet us until the actual birth, so these are some huge steps for her. I am interested in getting to know little things about them.... we've already covered some of the big stuff. What is her favorite movie, color, food, anything that I can pass on to Little Roo! I know that as she gets older, I imagine that her interest to feel a connection to her birth mother will increase.

Bill did another triathlon on Saturday morning.... he did really well!! I'll ask if he wants me to post any pictures to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, that is hilarious! Pooh looks rather adorable in all your diapers. I'm sure you'll be a pro by the time baby Roo arrives.

Jenn said...

I have to get Bill skilled in using all the diapers.... so far he is only willing to use the "Daddy Dipes"! LOL

I was very glad to hear that you are moving right along! Good for you and good luck this weekend!!