Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I Got Brave....


... and I called 'D' on her cell phone!

It's been a few weeks since our first conference call and even though I've been wanting to talk to her, I've chickened out a few times. I don't want to come off too pushy but I'm afraid of coming off too aloof as well.

I had it all planned out and knew exactly what I was going to say. Then D answered the phone! We got to chat for only a few minutes because she was heading out the door but she asked me if I would consider going with her to the next OB appointment on the 10th. Ummm... do I have to even think about it??! I said I would be honored and that I only want to go if she was 100% comfortable with it. I don't want her to feel like she has to include me because it is completely her decision.

We left it that D is going to think about it a little while longer and talk it over with 'G' because she hadn't brought it up with him yet. She didn't think he would have a problem with it, but I admire that she is trying to take everyone's feelings into consideration. I also told her that even if she changes her mind before the appointment and she would rather go on her own, that is perfectly OK. No one is going to be upset or angry with her. This is a *huge* step for her to ask me and I can respect all the emotions involved.

I know if I do end up going with her, it is going to be completely emotional for me too. I think it would be a great bonding experience for us. She said several times that she was very happy that I called her and appreciated that I had taken the time to chat. She was nervous to call me first and I can 100% relate to that. At this point, I'm going to have to wait and see what she decides about the appointment.

Wow!!!

No comments: