Monday, April 9, 2007

Pregnancy Brain!

I called D since I had not heard from her since last week. She was going to call me back about her appointment and what her final decision was about having me come with her. I left her a message and said that if she didn't call me back, that I was assuming that she is going on her own and that was OK. If she did want me to go, that she needs to call me back so I can make some arrangements for work!

She called me back a little while later. She apologized and said that her appointment was for the 17th and not the 10th like she had originally guessed while running out the door. She checked her phone calendar to make sure. She was still comfortable with me being there. Promising to call me back in the next few days, we'll work out a plan.

Our phone conversations have definately gotten easier, lighter, and more comfortable. We both talked about how our weekends went and how we celebrated the Easter holiday. I could tell that she was so happy to hear that both our families are able to get together for dinners without traveling for hours to see each other. I know she did not have this growing up and it is important that her baby gets this experience. In all, we sounded like two friends just catching up, saying a quicky "Hi!" so I am very encouraged by how our relationship is progressing.

Easter at our house was great! It was nice to have a little time with my mom and Bill's mom to talk baby stuff! We went through all the tiny clothes hanging in the closet and my latest projects for the baby. My mom brought her patterns to make the crib bedding and I liked the Laura Ashley one the best (less ruffles and work) so we'll have to start shopping for fabric in the near future.

My uncle is going to give my cousin away when she gets married next year. Bill's parents are buying a beautiful house and had pictures to share with everyone! It seemed like everyone had a piece of good news to share. It was a great holiday!

No comments: