Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Guess Who Called?

Bill and I were heading out for some errands last night and the phone rang. It was D! She called to tell me how her doctor's appointment went that afternoon. I was very surprised and so happy!!

Little Roo is doing fantastic. Perfectly healthy in every way! She will be 24 weeks on Friday (reached viability!) and so far D has gained a whole 9 pounds. She said her tummy popped and she finally looks pregnant.

Each time we speak, we have both opened up more, trusted a little more with our thoughts and feelings. D told me that speaking to me has brought her peace with her decision, it's feels right. We are both looking forward to having lunch and meeting face-to-face.

I need to bring something for them.... I'm thinking bright, lovely flowers in a vase that they can enjoy at home for a while. I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable with a "gift". Too dumb??

4 comments:

kate said...

Jenn, I think the flowers sound fantastic :) I also thought a pregnancy care basket would be a nice thought too... without being to gift-y ;) Like slippers, nice candle, lotions! I'm so happy to hear the good news :)

Jenn said...

Thanks Kate! I do have some L'Occitane hand and foot lotions that I want to give her, but at this first meeting D and G are both going to be there. I don't want to be all about her, you know? I'm still leaning in the flowers direction! Costco had some beautiful tulips in a large hurricane vase that we absolutely stunning yesterday.

KRISTI said...

good idea for flowers for the first visit, I agree. But, I do like the care basket idea. We gave bmom some of MY favorite things, the same soft fuzzy robe I love, the same soft fuzzy slippers I love and gift cert. to a book store b/c I love to read. Strangely enough, so did she!

Jenn said...

OK.... flowers AND "care" things! I really don't want to make them uncomfortable like we are gushing all over them... since I kind of "know" them, I don't think they would appreciate a lot of hoop-la. However, Bill is bringing home a catalog from a friend that does custom spa baskets and you all made me just think that she could put together something really nice. This is a big deal to celebrate after all! Thanks ladies... as I said, I didn't want to be too dumb! I will admit to being in new territory for me!