Tuesday, March 20, 2007

2 Days To Go...

Our call with 'D' and her social worker is on Thursday morning and I can't wait!!

I still haven't exactly figured out what I am going to say. A lot of it just can't be planned ahead of time. I do have a few things that I want to let her know, but I don't want to come across too "gushy". I hope that we can convey to her how grateful we are that she choose us to help her in this journey. I wonder what else she wants to know about us or if she still has some concerns.

We are going to let her set the pace of this call. I can imagine that she is as nervous as we are! I keep trying to put myself in her shoes and this would absolutely be the hardest decision I would ever have to make. I hope that we can be a source of emotional support and that she feels 100% confidence in her decision to have us parent her child. I am going to revisit the manual that the agency provided about successful matches.


OK, I bought a few new clothes for Little Roo... just a few. We were in Costco and when they have it for a good price, it would be crazy to not pick it up right?? We purchased two more sleepers, one that is in the 6 month size and one in the 9 month size. They both look HUGE! We also picked up two onsie/pant sets in the newborn size that are too cute for words! One has a string of animals on it that says "Going to Grandma's...." (someone is going to LOVE that!) and the other has light green turtles on it. I hadn't bought any little newborn sizes but we are expecting this baby to be around 5-6 pounds and not 8-9 pounds like our families! Most of the clothing that I have is in the 3 month range which is 8-12 pounds.

I was poking around on Kristi's blog the other day and it reminded me that I needed to start searching for a sling. I found The Peanut Shell microfleece sling in periwinkle on sale!! Periwinkle is good... it's not pink, it's not blue. Bill probably won't gag on it. I think it will be great for bonding, especially for when we are around the house in those first few weeks.

What is babywearing?

No comments: