Thursday, March 8, 2007

No News Yet!


We have not heard anything about our birthmom's appointment on Tuesday. It is possible that she just hasn't checked in with her social worker. The social worker has told me to not be alarmed because there are times when our birthmom talks to her a lot and times when she doesn't hear from her for a while. It's part of the process and to not read anything into it.

I just hope that she knows that we have accepted the match and we want to be with her in this journey and support her the best we can. Our social worker and hers are working on setting up a meeting. So that's where it is. Sometimes no news is good news!

I've been sewing easy baby stuff... like burp cloths from flannel and terry cloth. I have some larger pieces of flannel and fleece that I am going to make into some blankets so I am having fun doing that. Going to the fabric store is a dangerous thing for me these days as there were so many years that I did not allow myself to buy anything possibly baby-related! And no, I have done not a lick of work on the nursery since last week!!! I go in there and open the drawers to look at our collection of clothes, hats, socks, and blankets but that doesn't count. There's still a ton of STUFF everywhere!

No comments: