Saturday, March 3, 2007

It's A Match!

We got "The Call"!

After I wrote about our week one wait, I was feeling very settled and ready for the long journey ahead. I wrote in adoption journal and planned to write a page each week with what we had accomplished the previous week towards getting ready for baby. I finished the cushions for my brother's couch.

Wednesday I was at work and keeping up with the daily grind. I went to a late lunch with a co-worker and my phone started ringing in the elevator. It never does that!! It was the agency. I was very confused and I said "You said that you would only call us if you had good news..." Well, they did have good news for us. A set of birthparents selected us for a match. I was in shock (still am!) and my head was spinning as I was trying so hard to write down everything that she was telling me. As much as I thought I was prepared and ready for getting the call, I wasn't.

We received all the forms on Thursday and started going over them. Friday we sent the forms back and I wired the match fees to the agency so it's official. The social workers are going to work at getting a meeting going with all of us. No one knows if it is a boy or a girl yet but the birthmom has an appointment on Tuesday. The baby is due at the end of July/beginning of August so thankfully we have a while to prepare ourselves.

I started feeling crappy on Thursday night when we were getting all the papers notarized for the match. I thought I was *that* nervous! Now I know that it was the stomach flu which is going around like wild fire. Thank goodness!!! I have been doing a bit of couch time yesterday and today but I'm feeling much better. I have to get back to my list of things to do!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenn! Congrats on such great news and man, that was so fast. You and your husband must be over the moon.

Jenn said...

Thanks Robyn! It's been a little overwhelming to say the least! When I was talking to the birthmom's social worker I told her that we still were in a bit of shock because we were only active for a week and a day. She had no idea! Thanks for stopping by!

KRISTI said...

No Way!!!!!!!! I so didn't expect to read that when I checked your blog this morning. I'm sooooo happy for you. May you have a very easy wait!

Jenn said...

Thanks Kristi!! Yes - SURPRISE!