Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Thank you!

I just wanted to thank all of our friends and family who are so supportive and just as excited as we are to know that we are matched! I am feeling better finally after my turn with the stomach flu and I think it is really starting to sink in!

I think about this precious gift of life every day. I pray for the birthparents to have strength and to feel peace in their hearts with their decision. I pray the baby is healthy, thriving and feels how much they are loved. Our birthmom is scheduled to have a doctor's appointment today. We are anxious to know the latest due date and possibly what the gender of the baby is, if she wants to find out. If there is any news to pass on, you all will definately know!

While this is such a joyous time to know that someone has picked us to raise their child, we have a new set of worries. Will they change their minds? Once we meet face-to-face, will they like us? Will they trust us with their most precious child? I can't begin to know what they are going through. All I know is that one of the happiest days of our lives is going to be one of their worst. I hope that we can convey to them how loved their child is and that we support them in every step they take.

The reality is that they can change their minds and it is perfectly within their rights to do so. Some days I'm sure they would not change their minds and others I wonder what would happen if they do. All we can do is be prepared for any outcome. If they decide to parent this child, it was not our child. We go back to waiting for the right time and the right place to find our miracle. I know that I am still very guarded. I don't want my heart broken into a million pieces. God will have to show me the way and I have to have faith that this is the right path.

Anyway.... it's raining babies! So I just wanted to say a few things to some of my friends...


to Kristi who just delivered fat healthy twin boys! They are beautiful!!

To Barbara and Kristin - Big hugs and high fives because they both found out they are ...And to my friends who are up to their eyes in their IVF journeys this week - I send to you the most luck you can have!!!

No comments: