Thursday, October 18, 2007

38 Week Update!

Update from the social worker - H's back is REALLY bothering her. She has had no relief in the last week. She is trying to see a chiro fast to help and I hope that works out soon. I am so concerned about her and I feel terrible that she is in so much pain.

I called and left her a message last night but I didn't hear back from her. I also told her that we were going out to watch a friend's hockey game but I was just calling to see how she was doing. I told her social worker that if I didn't hear from her, I was going to leave another message this afternoon. Her social worker said she was also going to call her also.

The message I just got from the social worker told me about her continuing back situation and that H wants to talk to me, but that she has run out of minutes on her cell phone. She is getting more minutes tomorrow and asked me to call her in the afternoon. BUT the bigger news is that she did go to the doctor and she is dialated to 1cm. I know that she could stay there for days or weeks, but it's some progress, right?!

The portable bassinet showed up. It is huge!!!! I am very surprised for sure. It folds down nicely and I think it will fit in my suitcase but it could fit my 70 pound dog, Biscuit!! I think we will get a lot of use out of it!

Other than that, I have picked through my prized carriers and I think I have selected the ones I will be taking. Thanks to Kristi for reminding me how much I'm going to love my stretchy wraps with the baby and that's the first one to make sure I have room for! If I really don't have room for the others then my Bali Baby Stretch will last me the entire trip for what I need. I can't wait! She's going to be wrapped up like a baby kangaroo! I'm trying to pack as light as I can, so I might take my BBS and one pouch sling. I'm leaning towards my Bounding Blossoms Hotsling! Oh snap... Hotslings is having a sale????

1 comment:

KRISTI said...

You are worse than I was with carriers!!! (Not really, but almost.) That was the wrap that I had that I loved...but then I fell in love with my RS, and then I fell in love with my MT and well, you know the story.

Anyway, poor birthmother. That must be an awful pain especially while pregnant. Keeping her and baby in my thoughts.