Tuesday, November 6, 2007

24 Hours

Our first 24 hours as a family has been wonderful!!!

I've been wanting to update my blog but I literally have my hands full with the baby. She is soooo good and very easy, but I just can't put her down! She's eating 2 ounces every 3 hours. I can set a clock by it! She's just so sweet and cuddly - we can't get enough of her!

Last night was good too. We fed her pretty close to 11:45pm and then we were up at 2:30am, 5:30am, and then 8:45am. I can honestly say that my job has done a great job of preparing me for baby nights... LOL! There was absolutely nothing else I'd rather be doing at 2:30 in the morning than feeding our sweet angel.

We've been talking to social worker L on a regular basis. She has been checking in with H and relayed to us that she is doing very well. It is hard for her but she expected it and when she is feeling sad, she talks about it, makes phone calls and gets the support that she needs. H called me this evening and she sounded great! I am able to tell when she is really tired or not feeling well, but she really sounded like herself. She went to the mall today with a few of her cousins and getting out was great for her. She felt so much better than sitting at home.

We have been thinking about her, she has been thinking about us. She was going to call last night and then fell asleep early and then thought it was a little too late to call us. She also said that she wanted us to have a full 24 hours of being a new family. Even though this is an emotional and hard journey, it really is a time of great joy! We are going to be meeting with H this weekend, probably for brunch on Sunday. We're going to talk on the phone many more times before then. I told her that we are family now and she is stuck with us! She said "Thank you!!! I wouldn't want it any other way!"

I have more pictures here from when we were discharged from the hospital yesterday. The pink and blue blanket is the same blanket that I came home from the hospital with!

One more thing.... thank you everyone for the amazing support you have given us. We know that we would not be here without all your prayers and good thoughts! I appreciate all of your sweet comments and we will cherish them always!!!

3 comments:

kate said...

JENN JENN JENN!!! (that's me jumping up and down with excitement!!)... I'm sooo "aweeee" over everything you said. I'm so giddy with happiness for you.. I was telling Ed about your wonderful story last night and he's thrilled for you too :)

wishing you lots of snuggles :)

Deb said...

It's such a great experience for me starting our journey to be able to watch yours at this point. Thanks for sharing.

So glad H is doing well and you'll be seeing her soon.

Rachel said...

I'm a lurker from FF -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! She is absolutely beautiful. The pic of your DH holding her is so sweet -- he looks so unbelievably proud.