Saturday, November 3, 2007

Didn't Sleep!

It's still 30 degrees.... Bill is out running on the trails nearby (sucker!) and I just ordered flowers for H. We will pick them up before we get to the hospital.

The first night in a new bed is always an adventure. I did not sleep too well. I'm obviously very excited about today, but I just couldn't get comfortable and I was tired! I'm used to my sleep number bed and the memory foam topper! The bed here is nice and all... but it's a spring coil and it will take me a few days to get used to it. I'm soooo spoiled!

The water here is very different... I'm sure the hotel has some uber water softener because I used way too much shampoo and had to rinse, rinse, rinse. It's going to be a wacky hair day but it is what it is. Our room is very clean.... but I'm feeling a compulsion to clean it more. My own version of nesting maybe? A few Lysol wipes will do the trick. I didn't get to the store this morning... Bill took the car to drive over the trail. I wasn't in the mood for scrambling around either. So we will go later today.

Jonathan stayed at our house with the pets last night. I wonder if Biscuit tried to crawl in bed with him... she is very sneaky! He is going to take them back to his place today.

Wow... it's been a nutty 24 hours! Who knew? I have to say for both plane rides, I was pretty catatonic and just staring off into space. I had my MP3 with me, but I listened to it for probably 18 minutes at the most. I also had a Sudoko book and a brand-new copy of "Eat, Pray, Love" with me and didn't touch either. And for future reference, a 59 minute layover in Detroit is NOT enough time to make a connecting flight. I have to pay attention to this on the way back home because we were really booking it. The car seat was empty and flying around and we barely made it with a fast bathroom break.

When we got to Iowa, the baggage handlers were not in a hurry to unload the luggage very quickly so I went and got the rental car at the counter. I had reserved a compact knowing that I would probably upgrade if asked because it is much cheaper that way instead of reserving that ahead of time. Yes, I was taking a huge chance, but I didn't even think at the time I called yesterday to at least think that we needed a 4 door with the car seat. I'm not used to traveling with a child obviously. The young guy at the counter told me that he was sorry, but that he had to give me a free upgrade to a mid-size because they only have 2 compact cars, and both were out. LOL! He was afraid that I was going to get upset having to buy more gas! So we have a Malibu.

Social worker L just called and was asking about the stats on the baby. Aside from the weight and what color her hair is, I have no idea how long she is or what time she was born! I will get those details today and let you all know!! H has arranged for us to get our hospital bracelets today which will give us unlimited access into the nursery. That is very sweet of her!

Have I mentioned that Bill is absolutely jumping out of his skin??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to tell you when I woke up this morning this was the first place I came and I creid.......... I am so Happy for you and can not wait to see you and Bill holding your little one.

Keep sain for everyone and enjoy your little girl today!

Linda & Dan said...

OMG Jenn! I'm so excited for you. I hope today is all you expected it to be and more :)

Can't wait to hear all the details!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a great day today will be for you. ENJOY EVERY SECOND!! Glad you made it safely and look forward to an update after you meet H and your baby!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS
YOUR LITTLE ROO HAS
ARRIVED,THIS DAY WILL
CHANGE YOUR LIFES FOREVER AND
BRING YOU SO MUCH JOY AND HAPPINESS. GIVE HER A KISS FROM
GRAMA AND GRAMPA RAFFERTY
WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH AND
ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU. GOD BLESS.
TALK TO YOU SOON.X0X0

KRISTI said...

I don't blame you at all for not sleeping. Still thinking of you and I can't wait to hear about your first meeting with baby girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!! Congrats on your Little Roo!!

Oh, and FYI, my sister in law is from Iowa and she and my brother are forever talking about the differences in the water between Iowa and the South. You are actually rinsed off, but the water makes you feel like you've got a film left on you!! LOL!

Congrats again!!

Joy from FF