Saturday, November 3, 2007

Back From The Hospital!

First.... I am going to say that we did not take any pictures today. It just didn't seem like the right thing to do. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was right to just be sitting together and talking.

H is wonderful, amazing, so open and honest. We really felt that we could be ourselves. She told us over and over that she is doing the right thing, she will not change her mind. I want to trust her 100% but I just can't completely let myself go. She understands that. H has been spending a lot of time with the baby and I am very glad that she wants to. I think it is important and we are giving her as much time and space as she wants. We spent about 2.5 hours together and she had a few visitors coming and we left so she could spend time alone with them. She said she was going to get a steady stream of visitors because they all know that the baby isn't going home with her and if they wanted to see her, today was the day.

As for the baby girl.... she is beautiful! H was not lying about her having lots of dark hair... oh my! She has dark blue eyes right now and we'll see with time what the end color is. She has blonde eye lashes, so H thinks that her hair will probably turn much lighter eventually. Her skin is a little scaley since she was definitely full term and her little hands are tiny. She has very long toes and big feet for her size. Her nose is still a little squished to the side, but I think she is perfect just the way she is. Bill and I just kept passing her back and forth. Everyone just stares at her.

We made our run to Target for supplies and now we are going to go eat. I haven't had much to eat today - surprise! It just doesn't seem very important right now. LOL I'm more nervous than I'm admitting to myself.

I'm still pretty overwhelmed right now. I'm sure I'll think of more later...

4 comments:

KRISTI said...

Wow Jenn, sounds like everything is going smoothly. She sounds so much like our birthmother who was also AWESOME and never wavered from her decision.

So, what are the laws in Iowa? When can she sign TPR?

Jenn said...

TPR is Monday at 2pm.

You offered... now is a good time.... please knock me out!

mom2themoose said...

Congratulations! I've been following your journey and I'm just so excited for you! I hope all goes smoothly in the next few days and you have your beautiful baby girl in your arms!

KRISTI said...

Well, I would certainly knock you out IF you were in, say....Hawaii! But I'm sorry, I can't do 30 right now! ;)

Will you go see the baby again tomorrow?