Friday, November 2, 2007

We're In Iowa!!

It's 30-something degrees, there's an ice scraper in the back of our rental car, and after 7 hours of travel, we made it here!

H left me a message approximately when we were flying over Chicago. She did have a baby girl, 7 pounds, 6 ounces, "really cute", "really sweet", has "lots and lots and lots of dark hair". We can't wait to meet her! H said the baby's nose is squished to one side and her face was pretty swollen from sitting in the birth canal for so long. She was really worried about this but the doctors assured her that she was perfectly normal and she will be just fine. H said she is absolutely beautiful and I said that we never had any doubts! Baby is in the nursery and I'm sure that she is being well taken care of.

I called H back when we arrived at the airport and we agreed to meet tomorrow. She is exhausted but unable to sleep, the nurses probably just gave her an Ambien 30 minutes ago. I said that we wanted her to get some rest and we can come in the morning, but we wanted her to know that we made it here. She said she wants to be "perfect" to meet us tomorrow and she will be more like herself tomorrow after a shower and make-up. Like we aren't going to be doing the same thing before going to the hospital tomorrow!

Bill is going running first thing in the morning, I'm going to head to the Super Target to get supplies for our suite. It's nice and clean and we need food, stuff like that. I've been making a ton of phone calls trying to keep everyone informed. If you haven't heard from me, I'm sorry! It's nothing personal.

I'm going to unpack and organize all our stuff. And then I'm going to go to bed. Bill has already crashed out in the recliner in front of the TV!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

A baby girl!!! Hope your meeting this morning goes well.

KRISTI said...

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you this morning. Big Hugs from sunny AND WARM FL coming your way.