Saturday, November 3, 2007

Updated Stats!

I completely forgot to give the rest of the stats on the baby.... sorry!!!

Born Friday, November 2nd at 2:08pm Central time
7 pounds, 6 ounces
19.5 inches long

I just got off the phone with H... she sounds very tired. We offered to bring her some "real" food for dinner, but she is doing well with the hospital menu. She has had a steady stream of visitors after we left and she is hoping for a quiet night tonight. I told her that absolutely would not turn down any time with the baby, but she keeps telling us that this is her last night with baby girl and we do not want to interfere on her time. We think it is important for her to say goodbye on her terms. She reassured me several times that just because she is spending time with the baby, she is not waivering in her decision. She is just using the time that she has wisely. The last thing we want to do is make her feel that she has to entertain us because she needs her rest. H also said that after meeting us today and seeing how Bill just melted when she gave him the baby, she knows that she is doing the best thing.

The hospital has been great to us. They offered to set up a private room for us tonight so we could spend some time with the baby. Again, we're letting H finish her time alone. I talked to the social worker and the nurse, and Bill and I will be going to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning to start our bonding time. That was their recommendation. I'm pretty tired but I don't know that I will sleep too well. I'm nervous, no doubt about that. I don't want to get too attached. H will not sign any of her papers until Monday afternoon. H has said that she wants us to start bonding with the baby too.

H is being released tomorrow. It is a little up in the air about what is going to be done with the baby. Again, the nurses have been great... they know who we are and they are going to talk with the doctor to see if he can sign off on keeping the baby an extra night and release her on Monday. H does not want to walk out of the hospital with the baby and I cannot blame her. There is just no way she would be able to hand her to us in the parking lot and I would NEVER ask her to do that. This should not be any more difficult than it needs to be. H said she needs to walk out with her mom and frankly I would not be able to watch her handing us the baby. We are going to work on this tomorrow morning with the staff.... I know that we have been asking for a lot of prayers from everyone lately, please pray that we can work something out with the hospital to keep H's wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying everything works out the best for everyone. So excited for you!!!

Joy from FF